Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beck and the woman who stole the show



Nikki knows the way to my heart. She scored us a couple of tickets to see Beck for my birthday. Sunday was the grand opening of Club Nokia and it was a sold out show so it was bound to be a good time.

The suprise opener was Jenny Lewis! Nikki and I are big fans so it def made the night! Saying she put Beck to shame is an understatement. If you have an opportunity to see Jenny Lewis live, I highly recommend it! And on that note, go out and buy Acid Tongue. She is arguably one of the best song writers of my generation.






All in all a FANTASTIC birthday present!!!

3 comments:

k said...

sweet! I would love to see Beck live. Strangely, R and I are going to see Ben Folds tonight, and I've never seen him live either. I also apparently need to check out Acid Tongue and Jenny Lewis. Any recommendations specifically?

Unknown said...

Fun, fun! :) You, Nikki and great music = good times!

Tyler and Stacy: said...

We saw Jenny with full Rilo Kiley crew in tow last fall. They were great. Haven't heard Acid Tongue just yet, but Rabbit Fur Coat is an outstanding record and I'm expecting more of the same.

I have to admit that when I read the titel of your post, I thought there would be a mention about the girl who is playing guitar in Beck's band. I've heard rumors around the way that she's quite the hottie. And we know how much hotness is accentuated is by a girl who can rock on guitar (see: St. Vincent)