Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10.14.08 The proposal.

You read correctly, he did it, he really did it!

I know, I know, I need to post pictures of the ring for all my lady friends.
Sorry, patience is a virtue and we're all gettin' better at it. (My camera is dead).

First off, if you can believe it, he surprised me! I knew he had the ring, he told me he talk to my dad, I was almost positive he would spill the stinky beans about the actual proposal, but he didn't! Yesterday evening after work we got the keys to our beautiful new apartment (4 days early) so we were so excited to plan our paint colors and where each piece of furniture should be placed. I was in the empty bedroom checking out the gigantic closets, and he snuck up on me with a big hug (not at all unusual).
Then, with the cutest shaky hands and nervous face he looked into my eyeballs, got down on his knee and said, (tremor in his voice) "Nikki, will you marry me baby?"

Of course, I obliged. Then, we rolled around on the carpet in our empty bedroom (and made out! WE'RE ENGAGED!)
Then he took me into the kitchen where we enjoyed a bottle of champagne that was waiting near two very special glasses he picked out for us. After we made about 2 hours of important phone calls, we ate our steak dinner and went home!

Sigh, I love my fiance!

PS. The big day will be in April!

18 comments:

Lauren Call Green said...

YAY!!! Shane you did so well!! And Nikki, I am so excited for you to be my sister!! There isn't anyone better in the world for Shaners =) I can't wait for the wedding!! Let me know if you need help with anything at all!! Muah!! Love you both!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HOW VERY EXCITING!!! I'm sorry I missed the big phone call last night...my ass was already sleeping! :) I got the chills reading this! SO FREAKIN CUTE! I love you guys and we can't wait to see you!

Pix of the Ring Nik...ASAP!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k said...

Aw, that's the best thing I've heard in a long time! Hooray for you guys :) When's the big day?

kraft family said...

PICTURES OF RINGS! YOU KNOW I HAVE NO PATIENCE!!! I NEED TO SEE!

Matt and Danielle said...

Congratulations you guys!! We're so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'M
SO
HAPPY
for you guys!
(My favorite Janglies)

Anonymous said...

I'M
SO
HAPPY
for you guys!
(My favorite Janglies)

Kerrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! VERY EXCITING AND YES YOU MUST POST A PICTURE OF THE RING!

The Marsden 6 said...

WoHoo!!! Go Shane, congrats to you two, you make such a cute couple! And I'll let you in on a little secret, I HAVE NO PATIENCE!!! I must see the ring!

Unknown said...

YAY!! Finally.....a date AND a ring! :) I love you both and are so excited for you.

.....and yes, a picture of the ring is needed ASAP!

Unknown said...

We love everything about this story. :) Congratulations!

Jim Family said...

i can't wait for pics. and i need an exact date. i have work to take off and a plane ticket to buy!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! What an exciting time!! Enjoy all the planning and make it a great wedding! I look forward to posted pictures as well.

Anonymous said...

This is Leslie and I still don't see a freakin' ring picture. How dare you.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Congrats Shane and Nikki!

Kim said...

Congratulations! You guys are awesome! Loved your blog entry, you let me relive my own engagement! Can't wait to see the ring and hear of all the wedding details! Weddings are soooooo much fun! Kim

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

YAY! Its time to party! I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog! your place looks great, and the new car woo hoo! I hope you guys found a good home for the cat... sorry we never got back to you. Congrats on the engagement! You two are a beautiful couple!

Casey MacKenzie Johnson said...

Wait, you live in Redondo now?!

OMG don't you have a camera phone!?!? I need to see pics, too!!! :)

I am soooooo happy for you guys!!

Lovooooveoove!!