Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Because you are smarter than your party line...

You see, at first I was offended when John McCain nominated Sarah Palin to be his running mate... well, I was offended but I laughed really hard... I mean come on, it was pretty funny. Even after the whole George Bush thing, I could have ended up voting Republican this year... Truthfully! I'm not completely Donkey Blue... If he nominated someone of worth - someone like a Mitt Romney... anyone that could help develop a policy and agenda that made some sense - but instead he chose a completely inexperienced woman from Alaska whose naive un-presidential commentary and mannerisms are boggling (It makes for fantastic SNL however). It made me wonder, 'If this is his pick for VP, who would he pick for the Supreme Court?!' It put things into perspective for me and I got online and sent my economically stressed cash to Obama.

For the past two months I have watched politics play out. I have watched one man, bring ideas about the economy, energy, healthcare, education, foreign affairs and relate to who I am, who we are, the problems of today, and what we can do secure a better future. I saw another man put out dishonest ads, Rovian tactics, Bush policies revisited, high jacked campaign mantras about CHANGE without any substance of CHANGE and talked down to me as though I cant read through his bullshit.

McCain... at the most basic level is a bad person. Too low to shake Obama's hand after the last debate. Snarkey, negative, dishonest, angry, out of touch... and lets not forget about the Keating 5 (I dont know why it took the Obama campaign so long to remind the country about that gem)... and those of you 'Anti Bill Clinton moral fiber folks', I think you should look back at how John and Cindy's romance blossomed. Do your homework and call a spade a spade.

Im a little fired up tonight and maybe I have watched too many dishonest negative ads put out by McCain... maybe I just feel like you and I are smarter than the Republican McCain campaign thinks we are. We need more than 'Hockey Mom', 'Joe 6 pack', 'POW', 'Ayers', 'Maverick', 'Shake up Washington'(whatever that means), 'Drill Baby Drill' and winks into the camera. Grow up and show me some respect.



...Nicole is going to kill me for publishing this one...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously....you WEAR ME OUT!
(I love you despite your....m-m-m-m.....craziness!)

Anonymous said...

what could of possibly worn you out? possibly it was too long, it may have been a strain on our eyes.

or maybe it was too clear and direct?

you are accustomed to listening to mccain and palin throw words at you and pretend they make sense. kinda like this

"OUR GREAT COUNTRY, PANCAKES WITH MAPLE SYRUP, STRONG AMERICANS, JOB CREATION WILL STRENGTHEN OUR ECONOMY ON SPAGHETTI, I SPEAK IN LONG RUN ON SENTENCES REALLY LOUDLY, GOD BLESS AMERICA, ENERGY"

one thing Shane is not is crazy

joel said...

Not that I'm a McCain sympathizer or anything, but he actually did shake Obama's hand right after the debate ended. I think McCain just didn't see Obama's hand that other later time when he was introducing or re-introducing his wife to him.

Democrats have plenty of other things to work with but decide to constantly go for the obscure. They were really reaching here when they went with the 'no handshake' angle.

Disclaimer - I'm leaning towards voting for Obama but the humorous part of me wants to see McCain win to see how democrats react.

Second Disclaimer - I don't think Shane is one of these crazy democrats as I have mentioned.

Third Disclaimer - Politics are lame.

Casey MacKenzie Johnson said...

AMEN.

I'd like to keep my job, thank you very much.

Unknown said...

To ALL who stated that Shane "is not crazy" and that they "don't think Shane is a crazy democrat":

I would like you to know that what I said was somewhat, "tongue in cheek." C'mon guys, I'm his Mom. I LOVE him! We ENJOY sparing from time to time about politics.... :)

k said...

i love you shaner. i'm sure if we were ever in the same state then we would have some good chats. and perhaps a rousing good time watching SNL and peeing our collective pants